The upkeep, grooming of eyebrows has certainly taken major importance in recent years and now that the pandemic is forcing us to cover most of our faces, these, are still exposed, and is certainly worth it to give them some TLC (tender loving care). Knowing how to shape eyebrows, however, can get a little confusing, there are different shapes and there’s actually one that is just right for you and your specific face shape.
So breath in and relax because following eyebrow trends and achieving the right eyebrow shape, doesn’t need to be complicated.
Many of these brow shapes are simple to achieve following a few guidelines and steps. So, if you are in the search for the ultimate eyebrows shape, the ones that are IG worthy, you need to know first which will flatter your facial features, then you’ll be halfway to eyebrow heaven.
Once you know which eyebrow shape suits your face the best, you can then focus on what eyebrow grooming technique you’ll go for as well as the tools you’ll be needing.
Now, between microblading, tweezing, tinting and threading, there’s a million different ways eyebrows can be shaped; with this guide, we’ll tell you about some of the best eyebrow grooming methods and the right tools to get you the best possible results, and you can rock your brows once and for all.
Techniques How to Eyebrow Shaping
Eyebrow threading is a semi-permanent hair removal method that is considered a painless alternative to waxing or plucking. It has grown in popularity recently due to the fast, natural, and long-lasting results people obtain.
Eyebrow threading involves rolling a piece of twisted cotton or polyester thread over unwanted hairs. Imagine each rolling motion creates a mini lasso, enabling the expert to encircle one or more hairs to grab it and yank it.
As the thread contracts, it pulls each hair from the follicle or root, leaving only a clean skin surface. The precise nature of threading makes it an excellent choice for hair removal from the eyes and face.
Threading is actually quite a simple process. Check out how a typical appointment goes:
- After consultation, the brow technician will begin threading one brow at a time, usually starting at the top or bottom.
- They may ask you to hold your eyelid/brow area taut while threading, to ease hair capture and create a cleaner look.
- The brow technician will thread the other side, since each hair is pulled individually the technician is able to pay attention to symmetry and balance on both brows.
- The bridge of the nose area will be completed next, making sure no hair remains.
- After a final inspection in the mirror, the aesthetician should apply rose water or aloe vera gel to soothe the area.
- It’s done before you know it. Normally, eyebrow threading appointments range from 5 to 15 minutes in length.
- It’s long-lasting. Threading results can last up to 6 weeks before a return visit is necessary.
- It is super precise. Threading allows the beauty expert very high levels of control over which hairs are removed.
- It is a natural and clean procedure. There are no tools to be contaminated or spread bacterial infections.
- Depending on how sensitive your skin is, it can result in irritation and ingrown hairs.
- Pain is mild.
Brow lamination is a brow trend that hails originally from Russia. This procedure is done in order to tame brows, with lamination you can expect thicker, fuller, straighter, and combed-up brows.
It comes highly recommended by experts as the best way for taming tough and unruly hairs, through lamination brows are set in place so every hair lies in the same direction, offering a just-combed effect.
You can think of brown lamination as a straightening treatment for your brows! And that’s not all, it gets better because it’s vegan and cruelty-free.
Here is how eyebrow lamination works:
- Every brow treatment should start with professional advice on what’s the right shape and style for your face.
- The solution is applied to make the hair straight and flexible.
- The hair needs to be hydrated so a serum is also applied.
- Depending on your natural color, tint is applied.
- Lastly, a nourishing serum is applied.
- With lamination, you can achieve thicker and fuller brows.
- It lasts for up to 6 weeks.
- Perfect for messy, easily tangled, or curly brows.
- The lamination process can be a little drying.
- A patch test is necessary when using a lamination kit due to possible allergic reactions.
- You could end up with frizzy hairs if eyebrows get over-processed.
Looking to make your eyebrows darker? Then tinting might just be the thing you need. With this process, you can attain eyebrows in semi-permanent colors.
The treatment consists of adding more color to your arches to make them darker. Think of tinting as dying your brows, just like when you do it on your mane.
Tinting also stains the pores in your eyebrow to make it appear darker and fuller and honestly it wouldn’t look as good if it didn’t.
Before going through with the procedure, a licensed aesthetician should conduct a patch test.
- The firsts step is to clean the area with a pH-stabilizing rinse.
- Next, the eyebrow hair is brushed and mapped out to set the desired shape.
- A barrier cream is applied around the eyebrows.
- The tint is applied from the beginning of the eyebrow to the end, in a thick application
- It is cheaper than microblading.
- It can darken brows that are barely there.
- The procedure doesn’t take much time.
- If you are unhappy with the results, do not worry because tinting is not permanent.
- You need to touch up often, every few weeks.
Tattooed eyebrows are sought after because of the way they can define a face for a longer period of time. A well-placed, well-shaped brow can give you a polished appearance and even help to make your eyes look wider.
There are two types of eyebrow tattoos to choose from: permanent and semi-permanent. For a permanent eyebrow tattoo, the artist uses ink and inserts it deeply into the skin.
A semi-permanent tattoo or microblading, however, uses pigment instead of ink and isn’t injected as deeply as a normal tattoo. It creates hair-like strokes to fill in sparse or thinning brows.
- Consultation – Natural eyebrow analysis
- Measurements or mapping out of the brows.
- Once the shape is agreed upon, a pencil is used to draw on the eyebrows.
- Mixing the color, which should match your natural tones.
Long-lasting, though not permanent, you can expect your new eyebrows to last for a long time, at least for about a year.
Eyebrow tattoos don’t smudge or come off in the shower or when swimming.
With an eyebrow tattoo, you can obtain immediate results, you can leave the salon ready to rock your new brows.
The biggest con with eyebrow tattoos is, yes, you guessed it: pain! Getting a tattoo on the delicate skin above the eyes can be a painful process.
Also, if you have sensitive skin, this may not be for you since users have reported infection issues.
It can potentially leave a scar.
Easiest Eyebrow Shaping
Trimming eyebrows means simply unveiling or giving your brows the right shape underneath whatever it is you have now. It’s giving proper care to your brows by removing unwanted hairs.
Trimming may sound like a piece of cake, but literally, you’ll be cutting a millimeter off at a time, and it can be hard knowing when to stop.
According to experts, the key to successful trimming is that the front of the brow (the inner corners) should generally be left alone.
In order to trim your eyebrows and achieve that desired shape, you may need a few special tools and a few pointers.
What you need:
- Spoolie brush
- Brow scissors or eyebrow trimmer.
- Cooling gel
Follow the steps below:
- Have a clear idea of the eyebrow shape you are aiming for.
- Using the spoolie brush, comb your hair against the hair growth
- Using the trimmer or scissors, trim away any hairs that stick out longer than the others to create a uniform length
- For lasting results, you can use tweezers and pluck any additional hairs
- For a finishing touch, treat your eyebrows to a cooling gel, this step will soothe the skin and close the pores.
- Trimmed brows can give balance to your features, making you feel like the goddess that you are.
- It takes time and precision. You should trim slowly and only a little bit at a time, it can be easy to accidentally remove too much.
How to Eyebrow Shaping- Must-Have Tools
Eyebrow brush: Duo Eyebrow Brush
You should be able to recognize a great brush when you see it. The best brushes are those that are defined, but subtle; thick, but with dimension; full, but not too bushy.
The ideal brush should be able to give you full brows, structured brows, filled-in brows, and of course, Instagram brows.
Experts say that behind every great brow is a great brush, so keeps that in mind when shopping for one. We like the Duo Eyebrow Brush because it gives you clean, defined edges to create a natural look.
Best way to use it
It is best for shaping and defining eyebrows.
- 2 Tools in One. On one side, the brush has a professional-grade angled brow brush for shaping and defining eyebrows. on its other side, the brush has a high-quality spoolie, for grooming and blending.
- The Angled Brow Brush Has Firm Bristles, Perfect for Filling in Eyebrows.
- Spoolie – Comb Through Lashes Before or After Mascara Application to Define and Separate.
- It has a semi-firm, thin brush.
- Are made with firm, premium quality synthetic fibers, and are easily cleaned.
- Eyebrow Brush Length: Approx. 153mm / 6inch
Where can I buy it
Find the Duo Eyebrow Brush – KINGMAS Professional Angled Eye Brow Brush and Spoolie Brush (Black) on Amazon.
Eyebrow epilator: Vogcrest Electric Painless Eyebrow Trimmer Epilator
If you haven’t heard of an eyebrow epilator before, you may be in need of one. This is a device that uproots hair.
As the name implies, it has a design that specifically makes it easy to tweeze hair from the hard-to-reach eyebrow area.
By pulling hair from the roots, an epilator ensures that your eyebrows will not grow back too fast, as is the case with trimming. We like the Vogcrest Electric Painless Eyebrow Trimmer Epilator because it is painless and easy to use.
Best way to use it
It is the perfect substitute for the more traditional wax and tweezers. No more pain from waxing and plucking! Pull the skin tight and move the device in a small, round way. According to the industry’s highest standards, the painless hair remover is made from the most sensitive skin.
- Long-Lasting Results
- Less painful than waxing
- Cheap hair removal method
- Good for sensitive skin
- Epilator batteries, keep some extra batteries around, you may find yourself halfway through epilating when your battery dies.
- Skin irritation may occur.
- No Pains or Tweezers: The eyebrow trimmer precision tip helps remove unwanted hairs on the top and bottom of brows and in between eyebrows instantly and painlessly, no worry to get pains Stylish Lipstick Shape This eyebrow razor has a fashionable appearance and is lightweight, very easy to carry in your bag, so you can maintain your eyebrow anytime, everywhere
- Multifunction Use: This eyebrow hair remover epilator can be used not only for your eyebrow but also can be used for your face, lip, chin, nose, and so on.
- Install Battery to Use: This electric eyebrow razor needs to install a 1*AAA battery so that you can use it even when you travel.
Where can I buy it
Find the Vogcrest Electric Painless Eyebrow Trimmer Epilator on Amazon.
Eyebrow shaper: Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up Multipurpose
Brow tools can make all the difference when it comes to making your brows look good and natural and having an eyebrow shaper at hand is one of the most basic tools to have.
These eyebrow shapers, also known as razors quickly shape eyebrows and easily remove fine hairs, it is a must-have of every woman.
We like the Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up Multipurpose Exfoliating Dermaplaning Tool because it has high-quality blades that are uniquely designed with fine micro guards to help protect the skin.
Best way to use it
Touch-ups are quick and easy with this versatile beauty tool that shapes eyebrows, removes fine hairs, and even smoothens skin. You can even gently exfoliate and smooth your skin.
- Fast removal of hairs, immediate results.
- Hair may grow back thicker
- Expertly Shapes Eyebrows. It easily styles eyebrows and carefully touch-up stray hairs with the Precision Cover.
- Product Dimensions 1.3 x 10.75 x 6.75 inches.
- Slim, portable size so you are ready for a touch up anytime, anywhere
Where can I buy it
Find the Schick Hydro Silk Touch-Up Multipurpose Exfoliating Dermaplaning Tool with Precision Cover, on Amazon.
Eyebrow stamp: MADLUVV 1-Step Brow Stamp
An eyebrow stamp just might change the way you do your brows forever, it is super popular and quite frankly a lifesaver, especially on busy mornings.
If used correctly, you’ll be able to ditch your old routine and turn your 10 minute-long filling-in process into a few seconds.
We like the MADLUVV 1-Step Brow Stamp + Shaping Kit because provides a beautiful and natural look and is used by professionals.
Best way to use it
You’re meant to press the brow-shaped sponge into the supplied powder, line it up with your brow bone, and stamp on color.
This Kit includes one stamp, 5 different stencils, a spoolie to brush through your brows, and a cute bag to use on the go so you can ensure the perfect shape for your brows.
- Instant results.
- You may need to watch a tutorial to get the hang of it.
- They designed the stamp from the highest quality makeup ingredients to ensure a natural look.
- It comes with 5 of the most popular shapes which can all be customized.
- It also offers a Brow Tutorial to show you the perfect shape to pick.
Where can I buy it
Find the MADLUVV 1-Step Brow Stamp + Shaping Kit on Amazon.
Eyebrow trimmer: Philips Beauty PrecisionPerfect compact Precision Trimmer
Investing in the right eyebrow trimmer is going to make a huge difference in precision, finals results, and ease of use.
It is an essential tool for the grooming of eyebrows and removing unwanted hair from any sensitive area of your body.
We like the Philips Precision Trim because it includes a regular precision trimming head for the safe and gentle removal of facial hairs.
Best way to use it
Found a hair on your face and want to get rid of it immediately? An eyebrow trimmer is what you need. This tool is your instant face hair removal solution. Small and compact enough to take it everywhere you want. It will keep your face smooth and hair-free.
- Precision trimming head
- Portable, light for travel
- Quickly remove unwanted facial hair: Safely and gently remove facial hairs. Instant touch-ups for when you realized you missed a spot.
- Maintain and shape brows: Includes two trimming and shaping attachments, for no brow or facial hair out of place.
- Portable and discrete trimmer: Small and light enough to take anywhere. Easily fits in a purse or clutch.
Where can I buy it
Find the Philips Beauty PrecisionPerfect compact Precision Trimmer for Women on Amazon.